A unique wedding venue in North Canterbury
If you are after a historic yet elegant wedding venue in North Canterbury, look no further than Tipapa Estate!
Getting married at Tipapa Estate is a unique and special experience. Offering a venue full of character and rich in history, Tipapa Estate is available for your use over the period of your wedding, offering plenty of different spaces within the grounds to create your dream day.
We recommend staying at Tipapa Estate homestead, for which we offer a accommodation package or exclusive wedding rates for individual rooms, to fully immerse yourself in the special occasion.
From the time you book until your wedding is over, we are here to guide you in the planning of your day at Tipapa Estate. Our objective is to provide you the most perfect and relaxed venue experience.
Tipapa Estate is a perfect venue for both intimate and larger celebrations:
- The Homestead is suitable for smaller groups or intimate receptions of up to 50 guests
- Talk to us about your marquee wedding on the grounds of Tipapa Estate with our marquee and hire partner, Silk Estate.
As of 1 April 2024, Tipapa Estate will no longer be offering The Woolshed for hire. Please contact us to discuss your homestead or marquee celebration at Tipapa Estate.
Tipapa Estate: Luxury B&B, Intimate Events, Marquee Weddings
The beautiful homestead and extensive gardens and grounds are available for the ceremony and immediate post ceremony celebrations before moving into the dining room or a premium marquee for your wedding reception and dancing.
Tipapa Estate is available for 1 day hire (8am-1am) for intimate homestead weddings or 48 hour hire period (12pm the day prior – 12pm the day after) for marquee weddings; allowing you as much or as little time as you require for set up and pack down of your wedding.
You are welcome to supply your own registered caterer, BYO beverages, and wedding suppliers to help you bring together your perfect wedding day.
Tipapa Estate is BYO and there are no corkage fees. We have partnered with Collective Concepts who will provide you with a proposal for your professional beverage service needs.
Your caterer is welcome to use The Homestead kitchen for intimate events, alternatively Silk Estate will supply a catering marquee as part of larger marquee weddings and events.
We invite you, and your family and friends to relax and have a special and memorable day amongst the peace, beauty and tranquillity of Tipapa Estate.
Host Your Marquee Wedding at Tipapa Estate:
- Traditional, Hampton or Clear Marquee
- Bridal table + white linen
- Guest tables (round or long) + white linen
- White Cross-back chairs
- Registry signing table + white linen + chair
- Cake, tea, coffee trestle tables + white linen
- Bar & glassware (wool press or white)
- Dance floor
- Lighting (for perimeter of marquee, entrance festoons & standard task lighting)
- Marquee heating
- Luxury Restrooms (including the empty fee)
- Catering Marquee + food preparation tables
- Outdoor BBQ tables with seats and white umbrellas (4)
- Wine barrels (8)
- Site visit and showroom meetings to design your perfect marquee
- Electrical items + generator
- Insect repellent & safety package
- Code of compliance + application
- Set up and pack down of furniture for your ceremony and reception
- Install + pack down + crew travel + mileage
- Preferential rates at Tipapa Estate’s B&B; 4 rooms available
- Professional bar service via Collective Concepts (a proposal will be supplied directly)
What you need to bring:
- Your preferred registered caterer
- Crockery and cutlery via your caterer
- BYO beverage and chiller trailer
- Your team of wedding suppliers to deliver your perfect day!
We will supply you with a run sheet template on booking to help you define your requirements.
- Professional Wedding Coordination service
- Additional hire from Silk Estate at preferential rates
- Semi-custom signage
- Transport to and from Christchurch
- Recommendation of wedding suppliers who have worked at Tipapa Estate
- Recommendation of local B&B accommodation for your guests
- Mini bus drop-offs to local B&Bs at the end of the night
Securing your booking:
A non-refundable deposit of 20% off your venue hire secures your ground hire and accommodation booking, with the balance due 6 weeks prior to the wedding.
When can I come for a visit? How can I book a visit?
- We would love to show you around! Please contact us and we will be in touch to arrange a time with you.
What are the access times for a 1 day hire?
- 1 day hire is available for intimate Homestead weddings only. Access is from 8am for set up and you would need to pack out that night (by 1am).
What caterer can I use?
- You are welcome to choose your own registered caterer. We can also recommend a number of fabulous wedding caterers in the Christchurch/Canterbury
What are the options on a wet day?
- Should the day be wet or cold, the grand Dining Room in the Homestead is the perfect venue for an indoor ceremony and celebration drinks, prior to moving through to your marquee. Alternatively, Silk Estate will work with you to ensure your marquee is suitable for hosting your full celebration regardless of the weather forecast!
What are the options for transport?
- We can help you to arrange coach transport to and from Christchurch, and local mini bus transport to and from Motunau. Contact us if you’d like more information.
What are the options for accommodation?
- Our place! We have 4 beautiful bedrooms at the Tipapa Estate B&B, all with ensuite. Click here for more information.
- Or you and your guests can stay close by with multiple accommodation options for guests in Greta Valley (5mins) and Motunau Beach (15mins).
Can I use a wedding planner or coordinator?
- Kate and Steph from Collective Concepts know our place inside and out or if you would like other recommendations, please let us know as we’ve welcomed a number of local wedding planners from Christchurch and Canterbury to Tipapa Estate in the past.
Can our dog be part of the ceremony?
- Absolutely! We do need to know in advance and your furry friend must be on a leash on arrival with its own minder to take care of their needs.