Breakfast, lunch & evening meals at Tipapa Estate
Breakfast at Tipapa Estate – Upgrade
We offer a continental breakfast, which can be upgraded to a cooked breakfast for an additional $15.00 per person.
Local options for lunch and dinner
There are a number of cafes and restaurants offering lunch in the region in our towns, villages and local wineries.
For evening meals, you will need to plan ahead. You might consider eating with us, please notify us if you would like to do this. Fossil Point Café (5 minutes from Tipapa) offers dinner on Friday nights only. For other nights we suggest Fiddler’s Green, which is 20 mins from Tipapa.
Please check directly with these venues to confirm their opening times. There are several small restaurants and takeaways as well as pub dining in the town of Amberley (25 minutes drive towards Christchurch).
Lunch or Dinner at Tipapa Estate – notice preferred
Stewart is a talented home cook, and Jane has been known to bake yummy cakes and desserts, often featuring our home-grown fruit. We can provide lunch or dinner upon request.
As Tipapa is our home, main meals are served to you as family-dining with us or other guests. Family meals range from $35 to $45 per person, depending on number of courses.
Notice is required if you wish for a private dining experience either in the homestead, on the terrace, or even as a picnic. Cost of Special request meals varies according to seasonal variation and availability.
Please advise us of any dietary requirements or allergies.
Indicative menu items may include the following or similar subject to prior notification and seasonal variations. Insufficient notice may further restrict menu due to availability.
1 – Platter consisting of local cured meats, cheeses, dried fruit, quince paste, bread or crackers etc.
2 – Family meals
- Daily roast – lamb, chicken or beef with a selection of roast vegetables
- Malaysian style ginger fish with rice
- Sri Lankan style chicken or vegetable curry with rice and papadums
- Tandoori chicken or lamb with rice, mint yoghurt and papadums
- House steak with salad or vegetables
- Crumbed loin pork chops with mash and vegetables, homemade apple sauce and gravy
Special request – roast venison or grilled venison steak medallions
3 – Lighter choice or meals to share with friends
- Platters of Vietnamese style cold ricepaper rolls with homemade pickles and peanut dipping sauce
- Home made sourdough pizza with seasonal toppings
- Homestead soup and sourdough toast
- Caesar salad
4 – Desserts are seasonal and home made
Selection may include Jane’s famous carrot cake; fresh fruit pavlova and cream; upside-down pear cake or fruit crumbles with cream or ice cream
Wine is available or you may byo.