The Greta Valley
Tipapa Estate is perfectly located to enjoy a range of local activities and right on the doorstep of the wonderful Waipara wine growing region; home to more than 90 vineyards.
Stunning Motunau Beach is just a few minutes away at the end of the road, where you can browse the rock pools for fossils or we can arrange fishing or diving charters with local tourism providers.
Tipapa Estate is positioned in the middle of the Alpine Pacific Triangle, just over an hour from the thermal pools at Hanmer Springs; 90 minutes from Kaikoura for whale and dolphin watching; and only 30 minutes from the surfing beach at Gore Bay.
Here are just a few of the activities and attractions on offer in the Hurunui region:
- Visit the many wineries and cellar doors in the Waipara wine growing region
- Go Trout fishing on the Hurunui River
- Head out sea fishing, marine wildlife watching and diving from Motunau Beach (just down the road from Tipapa Estate )
- Take a trip on the Weka Pass Train (on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month only, bookings are recommended)
- Drive to Gore Bay and Cathedral Cliff to see an impressive series of rock pillars formed by natural erosion
- Experience the Hurunui River on a jet boat with Energy Jet
- Enjoy the scenery on a walk or bike ride: there are several trails in the area for all ages and experience
- Relax at Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools, just an hour’s drive away
We would love to help you to organise your day exploring our beautiful region!