The Woolshed at Tipapa, constructed in 1890 from native timbers, has been meticulously restored. The atmosphere of a working woolshed pervades every plank, and the extensive shearers stencilling on the walls tells a fascinating and historic story.
The sheep pens remain at The Woolshed together with the original shearing equipment.
This historic backdrop is perfect for you to add your own styling and for unique wedding photos.
North facing, The Woolshed overlooks an attractive grass circle to the hills beyond and is protected by mature trees.
There is plenty of parking out of sight of The Woolshed and the surrounding area.
The Woolshed is available to be shared as a very special events centre or a rustic yet elegant wedding venue in Canterbury.
- Approximately 170 sq metres of floor space
- Music system
- Suitable for banquet, theatre or cocktail style set ups
- Heating throughout the venue
- WIFI facilities (available on request)
- Commercially registered kitchen and additional catering spaces
- Round tables and white cross back chairs for up to 150 people
- Accessible facilities
- On licence
- Secluded courtyard with outdoor seating
- Festoon lighting
- Adjacent Gallery cottage with private garden for bridal party preparation